As the end of a year approaches it’s time for the blogging fraternity to turn to the tried and tested ‘Top ‘this that and the other’ of 2012″ and ‘My predictions for 2013″ blog posts.
Far from me to turn down the opportunity to poke a little fun, here are my 2013 predictions / absolute cast iron guarantees
- My Twitter stream will continue to be bombarded with Instagrammed photos of hot beverages and food. Fortunately I use Tweetbot which allows me to permanently block hashtags. Unfortunately hardly anybody tags their #instagram photos.
- We will see a new word being made up within the L&D fraternity.
- Certain bloggers will still rant on about ‘killer <insert any of the following, or choose your own> apps / platform / piece of hardware. Why can’t things just be ‘good’, ‘effective’, ‘worth having’?
- Any podcast with ‘week’ or ‘weekly’ in the title is unlikely to ever be that, beyond its 5th episode.
- I will unsuccessfully use facts, data and research against gut feelings and anecdotes.
- 2013 will be the year of mobile. Again.
- Apple will release an ever-so-slight modification of a product. Tech bloggers will work themselves up into a crotch-twitching, salivating frenzy reporting on the ever-so-slight modification.
- We’ll continue to have a L&D wide survey released approximately every 4 days
- Many vendors will continue to ignore the native functionality of mobile devices whilst blowing their trumpets about how they are ‘leading’ in the mlearning world.
- A ‘free to use’ service will change its Terms and Conditions. Users will form baying mobs and burning torches will be seen.
- Certain ‘thought leaders’ in our field will use ever more bizarre diagrams to explore their concepts. It’s cos they’re clever see!
I’ll see you in 2013…
… no doubt saying ‘I told you so‘